Friday, August 20, 2010

Antivirus eating up free space?

One whole gb vanished randomly overnight. So I scanned my computer with the JDiskreport program. I saved a few scans, and found out that alot of space was adding up in a folder called ''Internet Security''. I'm not exactly sure what this folder belongs to. My guess would be my Trend Micro antivirus. Within internet security I pinpointed the exact folder where most of the space was being lost. It was in the Temp folder. What on earth does ''temp'' mean, and can I delete the files inside that folder?



Antivirus eating up free space?nortan



I wonder if you don't have a virus, some hacker using your pc to share movies with his friends. Temp just means temporary files so deleting the files inside it will not hurt anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment